LPG pipework replacement programme
When liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) is stored and used in installations compliant with relevant health and safety legislation and industry codes of practice, it is a safe fuel.
However, when it is not the results can be catastrophic. In May 2004 a gas leak from a corroded buried pipe led to an accumulation of gas in the basement of a Glasgow plastics factory. This resulted in an explosion which caused the building to collapse – nine people were killed and 33 were injured, some critically.
Underground metallic pipework
To reduce the risk of another incident the UK LPG industry and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) strongly believe that underground metallic pipework should be replaced with pipework made from materials such as polyethylene (plastic) which won’t corrode.
Replacing buried metallic pipework/fittings at commercial and industrial premises throughout the UK is a major undertaking and therefore needs to be prioritised based on the risk of pipeline failure and LPG entering a nearby building.
SP Heating Services can provide a total LPG solution
- FREE, full and comprehensive site survey
- Immediate on site report
- FREE remedial action plan identify all required works
- Associated costs identified ensuring compliance is met in the most economic way
- Competent gas safe registered engineer
- SP Heating can undertake all work identified in the survey
- New installations & service pipework
- New underground mains & services
- Poultry house upgrades & new installations
- Service main alterations and extensions
- Annual inspection & CERTIFICATION